Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Mr. Personality

Yesterday I mentioned that I went to a feed store over the weekend to get feed for my horse. And then I realized that I hadn't even introduced this guy to you. I don't know where my manners are.

So without further ado, I present for you, The Reigning Knight, aka Knight aka Mr. Personality aka Very Large Beast (VLB). In case you are wondering what breed the VLB actually is, the answer is an American Saddlebred.

He celebrated his golden birthday this year on April 21st, so he isn't exactly a spring chicken.

But don't tell him that. He still thinks he's a young buck, and he has a personality to match. And Knight is convinced he's quite the ladies' man. Just don't tell him that he's a gelding and might be missing some, um, key parts for being a true ladies' man. I'm not sure he'd understand.

Kaknight, are you ready for a photo shoot? You look ready.

Okay, maybe not. I'll wait for you to finish scratching your itch.

Knight still doesn't appear convinced that he's ready to for pictures. But I think with sufficient motivation he might change his mind.

Yeah, your face is a little dirty, Kaknight, but that's okay. I don't think anyone will notice much.

Yup, he's ready.

Watch out, there's a VLB on the loose.

Faster than a speeding bullet? Probably not, but maybe a flying nun? Um, maybe not that either. But this is pretty much his top speed. He's not going to be challenging Rachel Alexandra in a hoof race anytime soon (Get it? Not a foot race, but a hoof race. Ha!). Though I'm sure he'd like to have her as his girlfriend. She's a pretty hot-to-trot filly.

Wait, where'd he go? Apparently he is moving much faster than I am taking pictures. Whoops.

Oh, there you are.

I was wondering where you went.

Are you ready for your watermelon rinds* now? At least wipe your nose before you eat. We wouldn't want anyone to think that you don't have any manners. But I'll would still kiss you on your soft nose, even with all that dirt and gunk. Just don't tell people, okay? They might not understand.

*Yes, I saved the watermelon rinds from
this watermelon to give to Knight. I could have put them in the compost bin, but it's much more fun to feed them to him. He's not spoiled at all. Not one bit. Okay, maybe just a little.

2 comments: