Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Taking Bearings

After picking my sister up from the airport, I had to stop and take a few pictures of the harbor before heading back to work. Okay, I didn't have to, but the sea was calling me, man. I blame the effects of way too many overcast days.

I could just imagine it: the soft spray of salt water on my cheeks and the wind blowing through my hair; the sailboat cutting through the waves with the sun shining up above and dolphins frolicking in the boat's wake below. There are no seagulls in this daydream because they are loud and tend to be really disruptive. Plus, there is the whole matter of their, um, excrement.

I'm ready, Glory B. Take me away!

But then reality called (or maybe that was my sister, who was waiting for me in the car), so I climbed back into my car and drove back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment