Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day!

Dearest Dad,

Happy Father's Day! Thank you for all that you've done for me over the years, from letting me borrow your cowboy boots to walk around the neighborhood at age 2 to helping me through college and everything in between. I know it hasn't been easy, but I hope it's gotten better, even if I still give you grief about your daily uniform of blue shirts and white sneakers. So thank you, White Sneakers, from the bottom of my heart. Oh, and I'm sorry for those two years where I gave you the exact same card for Father's Day.

You have seen so many things in your day, and you have persevered through tragedies to pursue great triumphs. And I hope one day to be able to emulate the kindness and patience (especially the patience; we both know I need more of that) that you show to others.

Love from your daughter,

Little Miss This and That

Now let's go have some champagne and watermelon.

1 comment: