Thursday, July 9, 2009

Workin' with Whatcha Got

7-9-09 023_A

Please forgive me for yesterday's absence. See, I went to hear Dr. Temple Grandin speak about animal behavior and autism. She is the author of a number of books; her most recent one being "Animals Make Us Human: Creating the Best Life for Animals." Dr. Grandin is certainly a perfect example of making the most of what you have.

But I'm not here to talk about her. Not just yet, anyway. You see, yesterday's speech was a fundraiser for Tender Loving Canines, which I've talked about before. And they handed out a lovely portfolio with a notepad inside and a bag of M&Ms attached. And I had some peanuts in my purse.

So you know what I did? You guessed it. I made my own peanut M&Ms. And this is, of course, no real accomplishment compared to Dr. Grandin's success, but I thought maybe I could try to entertain you with some candy and blabbering while I got together my notes from her lecture. I think I might need to try a little bit harder though.

1 comment: