Friday, July 10, 2009

What's on the Menu

Menu 7-10-09

Tonight I am having a friend over for dinner, so I thought I'd share the menu with you beforehand. I haven't made all these recipes before, and I certainly haven't served them together, so I will let you know how it goes.

I am using the following recipes as guides:

  • Shrimp-lemon kebabs with zucchini skewers from Real Simple. I really like Real Simple's recipes because they are, well, real simple and typically only have a few ingredients, and none of them are particularly exotic. Also, while the flavor profiles are good, they are still basic, so there is room to experiment.
  • Green & cannellini bean salad from Food & Wine.

And you know what's almost as good as sharing all this delicious food with a good friend? Everything, with the exception of the shrimp and cannellini beans, was grown locally. The green beans, zucchini, basil and potatoes are going to be freshly-picked from my garden. I'm going to trade the neighbors some zucchini (because it's coming out of my ears) for some limes and lemons from their yard. And I picked up the corn and watermelon the other day from Chino's.

Please don't let my crude drawings scare you away. Come back soon for a full report. And pictures, which are way better than my drawings (though maybe not by much).

TGIF, folks. Are you fixing any special meals this weekend? If so, please share in the comments.

1 comment: