Thursday, July 30, 2009

Stuffies and Clam Cakes

181_A

Oh my goodness, I have just returned from a whirlwind tour of Rhode Island with a quick jaunt into New York tacked on at the end. There was a lot of eating involved. A lot. And I want to share all the delicious things I had to eat. So to start off my food tour, I present for you: stuffed quahog (pronounced "COE-hog") clams, also known as "stuffies."

They are made using large quahog clams, chourico (spicy Portuguese sausage), onion, green pepper, lemon juice, Portuguese hot sauce, Portuguese masa (sweet bread), cilantro, parsley, masa de pimenta (red pepper paste) and white bread crumbs.

178_A

Oh, and there were clam cakes too. Delicious clam cakes with a spicy sauce for dipping.

I apologize for my absence. I'm back now.

1 comment: