Friday, August 7, 2009

Soy-oy-oy-oy-oy

8-7-09 019_A


The title reminds me of this limerick I used to sing as a kid, along with Wee Sing Silly Songs:
Aye aye aye aye
In China they never grow chili.
So sing me another verse that's worse than the first verse.
Make sure that it's foolish and silly!

I wish I had a good segue for my post about food, but I don't. Okay, so for lunch today one of my co-workers made these delicious soy burgers from scratch. He just bought a bag of soybeans for a buck, soaked them and then chopped them up in the food processor with some vegetables. I'm going to work on developing the recipe, but basically you can make 15 large patties with one bag of soy beans, 2 extra large zucchini, 1 large bell pepper, 1 1/2 bags mushrooms, 1 1/2 bundles green onions and a little cornstarch and cornmeal. And they are good. That means that for around $5 you can feed a whole slew of vegetarians at a barbeque! Not bad, my friends, not bad at all.

Enjoy your second weekend in August.

2 comments: