Friday, April 2, 2010

How I Get Distracted

3-22-10 012

I am a planner. And so I set about my day with the best intentions to get so many things accomplished.

But then, Charley happens.

When I see Charley walking towards me, I can't help but start singing that children's song in my head:

"Do your ears hang low?
Do they wobble to and fro?
Can you tie them in a knot?
Can you tie them in a bow?
Can you throw them o'er your shoulder
Like a Continental Soldier?
Do your ears...hang...low?"

And I can't help but smile when looking at that face. Those ears. And I get totally distracted from whatever plans I had for the day.

3-22-10 006

And then he does something like this, and I break out into a huge grin. I mean, those jowls.


3-22-10 034

And then this. I can't handle it. My day is shot because I can't seem to tear myself away from those big, brown, soulful eyes.

1 comment: