Thursday, March 18, 2010

Le Ranas

3-17-10 047

It seems that we have gone from winter to summer in just a few short days. I do hope that spring will find it's way back to us, at least for more than a few days. Because it's HOT now. And I'm just not ready for hot yet, Mother Nature!

3-17-10 051

At any rate, the plethora of rain that we have received over the past few months has brought many of these visitors (le ranas) to the garden. At night, it's a veritable symphony of frogs, just croaking away.

3-17-10 049

You wouldn't think that something this small (we're talking matchbox size) could make so much noise. But they can, and there are a lot of them so it gets loud; like so loud I can barely think. And so I have to yell at them, "Can you please keep the party down out there?"

And then they are quiet. And I feel sort of bad for being all that girl, you know, the never-has-any-fun-and-just-rains-on-everyone's-parade girl.

3-17-10 057

And then the frogs start up again, and I'm all, so it's like that, huh? And I pick up the phone to call the cops, because that's what that girl would do in that situation, and then I realize the cops might think I'm crazy if I called them about some frogs and either arrest me or haul me off to a nuthouse because I hear all these frogs, but yet when the cops are there it's totally silent. Because it always works out like that, at least in the movies.

So I leave the frogs be, except for my occasional pleading to keep it down. But really, deep down, I love the sound they make, and I even love their slimy skin.

1 comment: