Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Afternoon Drive: Campo

1-4-10 012_A

It's the middle of the week, so I think it's time for some daydreaming about fresh air and open spaces to stave off any work week ruts. Today we are heading off to Campo, CA.

Some days are just meant for a drive out into the country, and such drives seem to be the perfect antidote for a week spent in an office. Not to mention the break in routine and the possibilities of seeing new landscapes.

1-4-10 008_A

(Okay, so this is almost the same landscape as the first picture, and not very new at all, but I liked it as well so I'm just going to post it.)

1-4-10 001_A

And when hunger calls, your best bet is to stop by a local cafe. I've found them to have perfectly satisfying burgers and fries. Burgers and fries are the quintessential road trip food, at least for me. Nothing like sitting in the passenger's seat to work up your appetite.

Next time, I will have to try the fish & chips at the Campo Diner to see if they really are "San Diego's Best."

1-4-10 005_A

Back on Highway 94, there was time for one more parting shot featuring the landscape of the day's drive.

1-4-10 013_A

And yes, the sky really was this blue.

I hope you get a chance to get out on the road and take in some new sights soon. Happy Trails!

2 comments: